Is your computer running slow? Try these tips.
- Turn off automatically starting applications. Some apps might automatically start and work in the background when you log in to your computer . Turning them off will speed up your PC. To do this press Ctrl+Alt+Del and open the Task Manager. Now click on More details and open the Startup tab. If there are any programs on the list turn them off by clicking on the name and choosing Disable (some programs cannot be stopped).
- Turn off unnecessary processes. The computer might be doing more than we want it to. To stop unnecessary processes open the Task Manager, select More details and open the Processes tab. Then click on the process you want to stop and select End task.
- Uninstall unused programs. If you have programs that you don’t use anymore, delete them.
- Scan for viruses. Viruses and bloatware can significantly slow down your PC. Use a anti-virus program (Avira is one of the best) to scan for such software and delete it. Also, remember not to install programs from unknown sources, as they frequently come with unwanted software.
- Reboot your PC. This is a very simple and effective method. Don’t keep your computer on all the time. Restart it once in a while.
This should speed up your computer quite a bit. Try repeating these steps every time you see your PC running slow.
Images: avira-free-antivirus.en.softonic.com, addictivetips.com, pcmag.com