Here are 15 useful keyboard shortcuts to speed up your work on a Windows 10 computer.
Working with documents
- Ctrl+F. This combination is a quick way to search for words and phrases in a documents, emails and websites. After pressing these two keys you will see a search bar where you can type in any words you are looking for.
- Ctrl+P. Press these keys to open the print window. This is a great alternative to looking for the appropriate option in every program you want to print from.
- Ctrl+C. Select a section of your document and press these keys. The content will now be copied to your clipboard.
- Ctrl+V. Quickly paste any content from your clipboard.
- Ctrl+X. If you have any content selected, pressing these keys will remove it from your document.
- Ctrl+Z. Made a mistake? Press these keys to undo any action.
Shortcuts for internet browsers
- Ctrl+T. Open a new tab in your browser.
- Ctrl+W. Close the currently open tab.
- Ctrl+L. Start typing in the adress bar without touching the mouse.
- Alt+Tab. Quickly change between open programs. Use the Tab key to select the window you want to open.
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Pressing these keys will take you to a screen with some useful options such as opening the Task Manager, locking your computer or changing the password.
- Windows (key)+L. Quickly lock your computer.
- Windows+E. This combination opens the File Explorer.
- Alt+F4. Close the currently open application.
- Windows+H. Take a screenshot and instantly share it.
featured image: highresolution.photography – the picture is licensed under CC2